It is your responsibility to choose appropriate courses! Please check the following chart.
College Writing and Vocabulary
Christian Fantasy and Fiction
AP English Literature
AP English Language
|Mathematics||4 Credits (MUST include Algebra and Geometry (PreAlgebra does not count as Algebra)||Algebra 1 (MUST TAKE THIS COURSE)
|Science||3 Credits (MUST include Biology)||Biology (MUST TAKE THIS COURSE)
Human Anatomy and Physiology
|Social Studies||4 Credits
World History and
|1. American Government (MUST TAKE THIS COURSE)
2. Economics (MUST TAKE THIS COURSE)
3. World History (MUST TAKE THIS COURSE), Global Studies, World Religions, or
4. US History or AP US History (MUST TAKE THIS COURSE)
|Global Language||Not required for high school diploma, but required for many colleges||Spanish 1
AP French Language
|Fine Art, Music and Technology||1 Credit||Art and Music 9-12
20th Century Music
History of Christian Music
Christian Symbolism in Fine Art
|Health and Physical Education||1 Credit (MUST take Health and PE 9-12 and prove 40 hours of PE – see below)||Health and PE 9-12 (MUST TAKE THIS COURSE)|
Crime and Justice
Power of Prayer
Christian Life Skills
And any course taken in a core subject OVER the required credit amount (ex:
And any course taken in a core subject OVER the required credit amount (ex: If you take 5 English courses: 4 will count towards your English requirement, 1 will count as an Elective)
• One credit will be awarded for each course that is completed correctly (all incomplete and incorrect work will earn a zero).
• Home school students have the ability to work at their own pace throughout the school year.
• A global language is not required, although many higher-level educational institutions require it for admission.
• The Health and Physical Education credit requires the completion of forty (40) hours of an organized sport in addition to the completion of all online lessons in the Health course. To be awarded a complete credit for the year in the Health & Physical Education course, you must provide proof of the student’s enrollment and participation in an organized sport of your choice by submitting a receipt of payment for the organized sport, class, etc. or a letter from the instructor or coach noting his/her participation and completion of 40 hours. The 40 required hours must be taken while enrolled in the Health and Physical Education course, or the course may be taken in the summer session following when the hours where completed. If this portion is not completed, the student will earn a half (.5) credit for Health and no credit for PE.